New report: This is how they succeed with more than nine out of ten managerial recruitments
With a unique, scientifically developed method at the core, the chance for successful CEO and manager recruitments increases, a recent report shows.
Mercuri Urval leads the way for a scientific model in managerial recruitment.
– Just over 90 percent of the leaders who are appointed based on our recommendations meet or exceed expectations. It is hard to beat in the industry, says Alice Lundberg, engagement manager at the consulting group.
The costs of an incorrect executive recruitment can amount to 30 times a manager’s annual compensation. But it is not only costly, but also resource- and time-consuming to recruit leaders. Therefore, the importance of recruiting the right leader from the start, in the right place and at the right time, who is judged to be able to achieve the desired results, increases.
– It requires a partner who knows their customer, their business and situation well and uses an inclusive and scientifically proven selection method, says Alice Lundberg.
She is an engagement manager at the consulting group, which helps companies hire the right personnel using a unique, scientifically based method (MU Leader Selection Science).
Starting point in the customer’s environment and requirements
The method was born in the 1960s and is Mercuri Urval’s way of working to ensure that the company’s experts provide reliable leadership advice.
– It is based on the fact that in each recruitment we tailor our services by taking the customer’s environment and requirements as a starting point, she says.
Between September 2019 and December 2020, a study was conducted of individuals appointed to senior positions after undergoing Mercuri Urval’s evaluations. After six months, the hiring manager was asked to evaluate the appointed manager’s overall performance.
– The results showed that 94.1 percent of the managers and leaders we appointed during the period met or exceeded the required performance level in their role. Our results stand out, are unique and hard to beat in the industry.
The study included 270 recruits in 19 countries. How is it that the method works in so many countries and in different markets?
– Since all consultants work with the same method, this means that regardless of who the customer is, regardless of the area they work in, and regardless of the country, you will always get the same qualitative assessment.
Alice Lundberg points out that an inclusive and scientifically proven selection method contributes to Mercuri Urval being able to assess with high validity whether the recruiting manager will achieve the organization’s desired results in the short and long term.
– It is a big reason why more than nine of our ten recruitments are successful. We are a flat organization without national borders but with a Nordic culture that works based on customer-centric teams. This makes us a flexible partner with high availability in over 60 countries.
The article is produced by Brand Studio in collaboration with Mercuri Urval and not an article by Dagens industri