Not long ago Telegram launched its new feature, namely a crypto wallet that allows hundreds of millions of users to store and send Bitcoin (BTC) and TON cryptocurrencies. Here’s how to use it.
This crypto wallet has actually been embedded in Telegram since last year. It’s just that when it was still in the trial version. Just a few days ago partyincluding by its founder, announced the presence of a full version of the crypto wallet. The name is simple, namely Wallet.
Since it’s still very new, it only supports Bitcoin (BTC) and crypto cryptocurrencies TONS (formerly called TON Coin) only. TON Crypto is part of the TON (The Open Network) blockchain, the new name for the Telegram Open Network created by Telegram since 2018. You can read the long history of blockchain development. in this special article.
How to Deposit Bitcoin and Crypto TON.
This crypto wallet is in the form of: bot, one of the featured apps on Telegram. To get started, follow these steps:
- In your Telegram account, either version mobile or version desktop, type “Wallet” in the search section on the left pane. Make sure to select bot blue tick, safe and legit sign. In this tutorial, we are using Telegram version desktop.
- Select the Start button at the bottom.
- Select the My Wallet button, then select Deposit.
- Because this is to create a new account at purse, bot will ask you to enter your mobile number to ensure that your account is properly integrated with bot this. After entering the number, select Share, then Share.
- After that, select the crypto you want to deposit. In this case the new Wallet supports two, namely Bitcoin (BTC) and TON. The bot will display address cryptocurrencies, once you select one of them.
- Use that address to deposit BTC or TON from another wallet to your wallet on Telegram.
That’s the easy way to use a crypto wallet on Telegram. It should be remembered, that bot it’s still very new and doesn’t let you control private key-his. There is also a stage of sharing your cell phone number, which might be a loophole for theft.