Use the cloud to drive sustainable procurement
By managing the company’s resources more efficiently, it is possible to achieve both financial and environmental savings. Coupa’s digital cloud solution helps companies worldwide manage supplier relationships and procurement using data from users of the solution, machine learning and AI.
Forming a well-functioning process for managing supplier relationships and purchasing has always been an important part of running a business. Coupa, a leader in Business Spend Management, helps companies worldwide make smarter decisions from a financial and environmental point of view. Among other things, Coupa has helped Microsoft within the framework of their ESG strategy to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 40 percent, by optimizing transport.
– Companies are often aware that they need to make changes in their operations to reduce their climate impact. At the same time, we see that many companies are struggling to bring about the changes that are needed, says Donna Wilczek, Product Strategy & Innovation at Coupa, and continues:
– But when there is a solution like Coupa available, there are actually no more excuses. I’m proud of customers like Microsoft who not only choose to make changes, but also contribute to the success of others by sharing their data and knowledge.
Builds a huge database
To date, clients using Coupa’s platform have handled an aggregate value of $3.6 trillion in transactions. These transactions form the basis of what Donna Wilczek calls a “community data set”.
– The purpose of our platform is to help companies make better and more sustainable decisions. We do this by giving employees the right tools, but also decision-making based on data from reality. We currently have over 2,500 customers who contribute information and data regarding purchasing decisions. We collect, aggregate and anonymize this information, explains Donna Wilczek and continues:
– With the help of artificial intelligence, the ever-growing database can act as a helping hand for purchasing decisions. The platform can, among other things, provide suggestions for suppliers that meet sustainability regulations in the countries in which a company operates, when that type of basis has been evaluated and shared by other Coupa customers.
Innovation i Focus
Donna Wilczek says that the platform is developed continuously, in close cooperation with the customers. Coupa transforms customers’ business-related challenges into solutions in Coupa’s BSM platform that benefit all Coupa’s customers.
– Over the next twelve months, we will invest 200 million dollars in continued development of the platform. Among other things, we will expand the automatic Scope 3 reporting for calculating the indirect environmental impact of purchases. A digital platform is not the solution to the climate challenge, but I am convinced that Coupa’s digital tools can help companies bring about change faster, says Donna Wilczek.
Om Coupa Software
Coupa is a global cloud solution for Business Spend Management, BSM. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, USA. In Sweden, we are located in Uppsala.
The article is produced by Brand Studio in collaboration with Coupa Software and not an article by Dagens industri