The 18-year-old fashion model Leni Klum is the daughter of Hedi Klum and Seal.
In a new interview, she talks honestly about the doors her parents’ celebrity has opened for her.
– It is a fact. My parents are famous, says Leni to People.
Photo model Leni Klum, 18, is aware that her path to a successful modeling career has been easier than for many others.
In a new interview withshe tells honestly about nepotism and the importance of her world-famous parents for her early steps into working life.
Gisele Bündchen: This is why I’m divorcing Tom Brady
Was stopped early by mother Heidi Klum: “Freaked out”
Leni is the daughter of49, and the artist Seal, 59. She has, since a young age, wanted to follow in her mother’s footsteps and is today in the starting pits of a flourishing modeling career.
In the interview with the magazine, Leni talks about mother Heidi’s reticence about her daughter’s work as a model. She recounts an anecdote where Heidi stopped her from a modeling job at the age of 12. Something for which she can feel gratitude today.
– They [Brandy Melville reds. anm.] asked if I want to be a model for their clothes. I freaked out because Brandy Melville was my favorite clothing brand at the time. It was the only place I shopped at.
– I asked “Mom, mom, guess what? Brandy Melville wants me as a model. Please, please” and she replied “Absolutely not”.
Leni goes on to say that she was very upset that her mother had stopped her then, but that it was the right decision in retrospect. She also credits much of her drive to want to work as a model to that moment, when she was forbidden by her mother.
Leni Klum about the modeling profession and the help she received from her famous parents
When Leni is asked whether her parents’ celebrity helped her “get a foot in the door”, the shooting star answers with mature objectivity.
– It is a fact. My parents are famous. I got a lot of help at the beginning of my career and I know many people dream of getting the start I got. I am so grateful that I get the opportunity to manage what I inherited from my mother, says Leni to the newspaper. She continues:
– But I do the work and work hard for my success. Now I do everything myself. I travel by myself and go to school. My mom and I just share a love for the same thing [modellyrket reds. anm.].
Mother and daughter duowhich resulted in them both appearing on the cover of Vogue Germany.
– My parents have taught me to be confident in myself and to do things that I am comfortable with. If you’re not comfortable, it shines through, and you can’t be the best version of yourself, says Leni, talking about her parents’ words of wisdom that keep her on track.
The 18-year-old shooting star Leni has not been active in the modeling industry for very long. Mother Heidi toldlast year that she denied her daughter’s wishes to start working as a model for a long time.
– When she was 16, almost 17, then I said “okay”, explained the supermodel. Then she made her debut at Berlin Fashion Week.
Source: , Photo: TT