The method that ensures success in your career
In recruitment, there are increasing demands that the methods used are evidence-based, treat equally and create real benefit.
Mercuri Urval works with a scientifically based method that knocks the industry.
– Our method helps ensure the success of the candidate’s career, says Marcus Tingland.
Leadership is largely about creating winning structures. And success depends on the ability of the individual and the organization to deliver results.
– If the organization’s capacity or leadership does not meet the set requirements, you run a greater risk of failure, says Marcus Tingland, head of Sweden at Mercuri Urval.
Instead of conventional managerial recruitment methods, Mercuri Urval stands out with a scientifically based method, which has proven to be successful for candidates as well as customers and employees.
– We work with selection and assessment based on prediction of future performance, and this linked to the individual’s experience, ability and motivation. We start from fact-based success factors. The method itself is consistent and repeatable, the outcome can be measured and stands up to scrutiny. We are convinced that this is the future of our entire industry.
Marcus Tingland states that clients place increasingly high demands on the recruitment firms’ ability to assess future performance based on real conditions – general models that generally describe personality and behavior that are standard for use in the industry at large do not meet this test.
– We see that more and more partners are making demands based on this insight, based on their own experiences from insufficient leadership appointments.
“Relies on an evidence-based methodology”
Marcus Tingland points to studies that show a far too low quality linked to the long-term outcome of leadership recruitment.
– We attack this challenge by objectively measuring outcomes and results, but this also requires that we are rigorous and consistent in our implementation. We rely on an evidence-based methodology that is systematic, structured and can withstand scrutiny. The interesting thing about this approach is that it leads to more competency-based selection and demands to identify and meet candidates outside of traditional networks.
Does the method help you to actually secure your career?
– That is absolutely true. It’s what we’re passionate about and happily can be proud to do on a pretty much daily basis.
Thanks to the method, Mercuri Urval also becomes a more attractive employer, says Marcus Tingland:
– The best and most professional people in our industry genuinely care about results, leadership and organizational development. With us, all employees are offered an environment and way of working that contributes to sustainable value creation where the customer and the candidate are in focus.
The article is produced by Brand Studio in collaboration with Mercuri Urval and not an article by Dagens industri